The Chronology of Christ's Crucifixion & Ressurection
The last week of Jesus' life had the annual and weekly Sabbaths. The Hebrew day started at sunset (evening and morning were a day).
1. Jesus was crucified on the Passover day - Nisan 14 - Wed
2. Joh 19:31 describes the next day as a high day - the first day of unleavened day - a day of rest or Sabbath - Nisan 15 - Thu
3. Day of preparation for the weekly Sabbath is a day of preparation - Nisan 16 - Fri
4. Weekly Sabbath - Nisan 17 - Sat
5. First day of week - Nisan 18 - Sun Jesus arose!